Our Mission Statement
By the Grace of God the people of North Shore Presbyterian Church are called to be a Covenant Family that nurtures faith in Christ and commitment to service in Christ's name. All things are gifts of God. With our resources we strive to:
- Worship the living God;
- Welcome and care for friends and strangers in Christian love;
- Promote growth in faith through educating ourselves and others in an ever-changing world;
- Share in ministry with other churches and faith traditions to advocate peace and justice.
With the Help of God, under constitution of the Presbyterian Church (USA), we commit ourselves to this mission.We are a "Safe Sanctuary" Congregation
Being mindful of the safety of all the children who participate in our events, here at North Shore Presbyterian Church we have instituted this child protection policy which is intended:
- To be faithful to our baptismal vows as we seek to welcome children and youth.
- To provide a safe and secure environment for children and youth at NSPC.
- To protect children and youth from sexual, physical and emotional abuse while participating in NSPC activities.
- To guide NSPC as an institution in the conduct of its employees and volunteers and prevent incidents and allegations of child abuse.
- To educate the staff, volunteers and the congregation about the subject of sexual abuse and exploitation of children and youth.
To read our entire policy, please click here.Curious about our history?
North Shore Presbyterian Church, Shorewood, Wisconsin, began as a "mission" of Westminster Presbyterian Church, Milwaukee in 1922. The first service of the newly organized Shorewood Presbyterian Society was held on June 16, 1923 in a storefront on Atwater (now Capitol Drive) and Stowell Avenue. The old Shorewood jail located next to the village hall served as a setting for Sunday School for a period of time. The original wooden church building built in 1924 was at Kenmore and Oakland Avenues.
Shorewood Presbyterian Society changed its name to Shorewood Presbyterian Church in 1929. By 1947, membership and church school attendance had grown to where two Sunday services were needed. The Society's name was changed to North Shore Presbyterian Church in 1951. A new larger brick church of Colonial architectural style was built at Kenmore and Bartlett Avenues and dedicated on March 16, 1952. Construction of the educational wing and chapel addition was completed in 1959. A new northeast entrance with an elevator was built in 1994.
A large brick memorial patio, again of Colonial design, was built in front of the church during summer 2002 to better facilitate the summer 9:00 a.m. outdoor worship.